- romance (1,038), juv / YA (753), scifi/fantasy (735), paranormal (382), historical (292), unread strip (222), fiction (156), strip (99), anthology (96), contemporary (91), mystery (87), philosophy (86), romantic suspense (82), fantasy (69), mythology (66), Star Wars (63), historical fiction (61), teaching (51), urban fantasy (48), ARC (48), vampires (46), King Arthur (32), comic book (31), classics (30), writing (27), Shakespeare (27), time travel (27), political science (26), Star Trek (26), essays (25), misc. (23), humor (22), tote 2 (20), chicklit (20), Dark-Hunters (19), English (17), Romance (17), literature (17), biography (16), history (16), military (14), Scotland (14), tote 1 (12), autographed (12), teen (11), dragons (11), futuristic (11), 100 novels (10), dystopian (10), werewolf (10), Fae (9), ghosts (9), ancient history (9), England (9), literacy (8), grammar (8), juv / romance (8), witches (7), demons (7), Once Upon a Time (7), werewolves (7), memoir (7), ancient historical (6), Merlin (6), vilma (6), horses (6), Christmas (5), drama (5), Buffy (4), mermaid (4), poetry (4), non-fiction (4), faerie (4), old book (4), Juv / YA (4), pirates (4), spy (3), psychic (3), intrigue (3), sports (3), BAD (3), quotations (3), Books about books (3), American (3), picture book (3), graphic novel (3), star wars (3), alternative history (2), Mystery (2), Valkryie (2), travel (2), Roman (2), Chinese (2), magic (2), Viking (2), treasure (2), GRE prep (2), literary theory (2), gargoyles (2), medieval (2), Egyptian (2), Alaska (2), South America (1), Druids (1), Strip (1), Greek (1), juv/YA (1), Unread strip (1), travel writing (1), Ireland (1), animals (1), comic (1), fairy tales (1), fairy tale (1), gothic (1), suspense (1), teen fantasy (1), science (1), Scottish (1), his (1), education (1), Celtic (1), Robin Hood (1), werecat (1), Were-Hunters (1), local interest (1), greek mythology (1), christmas (1), western (1), science fiction (1), animorphs (1)
- Tag-Wolke, Autoren-Wolke, Tag-Spiegel
- 20-Something LibraryThingers, 50 Book Challenge, A Pearl of Wisdom and Enlightenment, Aboard the Jolly Roger, Ancient History, Arthurian Legends, Bookcases: If You Build/Buy Them, They Will Fill, Books in Books, Children's Fiction, Dystopian novels, FantasyFans, Graduate Students, I want to read that!, LT's list of great books you should read, Non-Fiction Readers, Paranormal 999 Challenge, Read YA Lit, Romance - from historical to contemporary, Science Fiction Fans, SF, horror and Fantasy Romance, Tamora Pierce Lovers United, The Green Dragon, Unclutter Things, Urban Fantasy, Washington, DC
- Apr 6, 2006
- Bürgerlicher Name
- Über meine Bibliothek
- My library is limited to those books that I actually own, though the tags denote that there are several hundred that I have not yet read. Although I do read pretty fast, I also buy books even faster. I also check quite a few books out of the public library, so that slows down my reading what I own. But I figure if I own it, then I'll read it someday. I buy a lot of impulse books as well, because I know that I won't remember I want to read it if I don't buy it and it disappears from the bookstore shelves. If it's on my own shelves I'll at least get to it eventually. In that way I often buy the first book in a series and not the rest, when I've read that first one and like it then I hunt down the others. Or sometimes I just buy them all and hope for the best!
The amount of books I own is also the product of eleven years in the book industry. I worked for some variation of Barnes & Noble from high school, through college, and even after getting a professional job. Part of it was that I love the atmosphere, the smell of books, the discussion with customers who love books as much as I do, and the great recommendations to them and from them. Most of it, though, is the discount! I didn't paid full price for a book in almost 12 years. Now I have to make much more use of the public library. :)
As far as the books I read from the library, you can find them on these lists, along with an account of everything else I read.
2007 - http://www.librarything.com/talktopic.php?topic=8913
2008 - http://www.librarything.com/talktopic.php?newpost=1&topic=26757#lastmsg
2009 - http://www.librarything.com/topic/53725
2010 - http://www.librarything.com/topic/81288
2011 - http://www.librarything.com/topic/106200
2012 - http://www.librarything.com/topic/130315
2013 - http://www.librarything.com/topic/147376
2014 - http://www.librarything.com/topic/163109
2015 - http://www.librarything.com/topic/186136
2016 - http://www.librarything.com/topic/210916
2017 - http://www.librarything.com/topic/245079
2018 - http://www.librarything.com/topic/282367
2019 - https://www.librarything.com/topic/301494
2020 - https://www.librarything.com/topic/315091
2021 - https://www.librarything.com/topic/328294
2022 - https://www.librarything.com/topic/338302#n7704576
- Über mich
- I read a wide selection of genres, though if you ask my husband he'll say I only read romance novels. Not true! I taught middle school for 5 years and although I don't anymore, I haven't given up reading young adult novels. I love learning new things so I read nonfiction here and there as well, though those aren't as likely to be in my collection, check out my 50 book challenge lists (links below) to see those selections. I'm a big sci fi/fantasy reader too. So there's quite a variety. Check out my collection to see!
In 2013, I figured out that you could borrow audio books from the library on your iPhone. Brilliant! Now I listen to books while driving, shopping, cleaning, and watching my husband play soccer. :) This year I've been using this method to reread some of my favorite ongoing series from their beginnings. I go back and forth between the Anita Blake books by Laurell K. Hamilton and the Dark Series by Christine Feehan. I don't really like listening to new books, sometimes I zone out and I don't want to miss anything, but it's great for rereads!
- Beliebte Autoren
- Kevin Anderson, Piers Anthony, Kelley Armstrong, Anne Bishop, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Orson Scott Card, Christina Dodd, Suzanne Enoch, Janet Evanovich, Christine Feehan, Laurell K. Hamilton, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Susan Krinard, Lynn Kurland, C. S. Lewis, Morgan Llywelyn, Niccolò Machiavelli, Anne McCaffrey, Robin McKinley, Teresa Medeiros, Karen Marie Moning, Friedrich Nietzsche, Tamora Pierce, Nora Roberts, J. K. Rowling, Brandon Sanderson, Gena Showalter, Judith Tarr, Patricia C. Wrede
- Interesante Bibliotheken
Diese Seite verwendet Cookies für unsere Dienste, zur Verbesserung unserer Leistungen, für Analytik und (falls Sie nicht eingeloggt sind) für Werbung. Indem Sie LibraryThing nutzen, erklären Sie dass Sie unsere Nutzungsbedingungen und Datenschutzrichtlinie gelesen und verstanden haben. Die Nutzung unserer Webseite und Dienste unterliegt diesen Richtlinien und Geschäftsbedingungen.