- not-available-yet (2,969), dpl (465), General Fiction (419), Police/Detective (346), Historical Fiction (275), Cozy Mystery (260), Fantasy (202), gcl (176), Audiobook (163), Science Fiction (135), Historical Mystery (104), spl (88), Thriller (84), Romantic Suspense (84), maine (80), Young Adult (78), General History of Europe (75), Biography (72), Classics (66), Juvenile Literature (63), Series Romance (58), Mystery (54), Criminology (51), Suspense (46), Short Stories (31), Food and Drink (29), Food & drink (28), General History of North America - United States (27), History of Europe (22), Paranormal Romance (21), Steampunk (17), Geography and Travel (17), English and Old English literatures: English fiction (16), Historical Romance (15), Contemporary Romance (15), Graphic Novels (15), netldc (14), English Fiction (13), World History (12), History of North America - United States (12), Reading (12), use of other information media (12), Promotion of Health (11), Athletic & outdoor sports & games (10), Essays (10), History of Ancient World - Egypt (8), General History of Europe - British Isles (8), General History of Asia - Southeast Asia (8), North America (8), History of Ancient World (8), Bible (8), The Book (8), returned-unread (7), insignia (7), Reading & use of other information media (7), Other social problems & services (7), Ancient World (6), Classic Juvenile Literature (6), Christian experience (6), Bibliographies (6), Horror (6), Devotional Literature (6), American Literature in English: American fiction in English (6), Europe (6), Anthology (6), life (6), Paranormal Fiction (6), Diseases (6), practice (6), General History of Europe - England & Wales (6), Juvenile Fiction (6), Music (5), Law (5), Incidence & prevention of disease (5), Genealogy (5), Social welfare problems & services (5), English Poetry (5), French and related literatures: French fiction (5), American Fiction in English (5), Miscellaneous Writings (5), English Drama (5), English & Old English Literatures (5), French Fiction (5), English & OId English literatures (5), American Literature in English (5), Other areas (5), Historical (4), Geology (4), Kindle (4), Military Science (4), Education (4), Food & Drink (4), Vocal Music (4), Other Literatures: Literatures of East and Southeast Asia (4), General History of Asia - China & adjacent areas (4), Christian theology (4), Culture & institutions (4), American fiction in English (4), Asia (4), Public performances (4), History (4), Internal Commerce (Domestic Trade) (4), Civil and Political Rights (4), persons treatment (4), Political Science: International Relations (4), General History of North America - Canada (4), Social Groups (4), General History of North America - Northeastern United States (3), East Indo-European & Celtic (3), English miscellaneous writings (3), History of Europe - Eastern Europe; Russia (3), General History of Africa (3), Geography of & travel in Europe (3), Geography & Travel - Other Areas (3), Personal Health and Safety (3), Personal Health & Safety (3), Financial Economics (3), Non-Semitic Afro-Asiatic Literatures (3), General History of Europe - Central Europe - Germany (3), Bibliographies of works from specific subjects (3), Rhetoric & Collections of Literature (3), General History of Africa - Central Africa & offshore islands (3), Texts of Sermons (3), Anthology - Romantic Suspense (3), American essays in English (3), General History of North America - Western United States (3), News media (3), Rhetoric & collections of literature (3), Geography & Travel (3), space transportation (3), Anthology - Romance (3), Political Science (3), Natural History (3), journalism (3), names (3), Jesus Christ & His Family (3), German Fiction (3), meteorology (3), air (3), Christian Fiction (3), Criminal Law (3), General Management (3), Poetry (3), areas (3), Miscellaneous writings (3), Water (3), Mystery Anthology (3), hydrology (3), International Relations (3), Folklore (3), Alternate History (3), General Libraries (2), description (2), Processes of written communication (2), Geography and History (2), English Miscellaneous Writings (2), General History of North America - Great Basin & Pacific Slope (2), Garden Crops (Horticulture) (2), General History of Asia - Central Asia (2), Athletic and outdoor sports & games (2), General History of Africa - Egypt & Sudan (2), Philosophy & theory (2), Literary History & Criticism (2), General Serials & their indexes - In English (2), Social Theology (2), Geography of and travel in North America (2), General History of Europe - Germany & Neighboring central European countries (2), Groups of People (2), Biography & Genealogy (2), Geography & Travel - Europe (2), critical appraisal of more than two literatures (2), Pacific Ocean islands (2), Other literatures: East Indo-European and Celtic literatures (2), Memoir (2), Atlantic Ocean islands (2), General History of Europe - Italian Peninsula and Adjacent Islands (2), Literatures of Other Languages: East Indo-European & Celtic (2), Devotional literature (2), Poetic Books of Old Testament (2), History of Other Areas - Australia (2), Antarctica (2), Economics of Land and Energy (2), genealogy (2), General History of Asia - South Asia & India (2), publishing (2), Anthology - Mystery (2), Incidence & Prevention of Disease (2), Humor (2), Arithmetic (2), Judaism (2), General History of Asia - Middle East (Near East) (2), Mental processes & intelligence (2), General History of Europe - England (2), School management; special education (2), General encyclopedic works - American (2), History of Ancient World - Greece (2), Comparative Religion (2), Italian Fiction (2), General history of Europe (2), Social sciences (2), Other social problems (2), History of Ancient World - Italy & adjacent territories (2), South America (2), Spanish Fiction (2), Public Worship (2), History of Ancient World - Other Parts of Ancient World (2), Athletic & Outdoor Sports and Games (2), Art History (2), Athletic & outdoor sports and games (2), Arctic islands (2), Africa (2), General History of Europe - Other parts of Europe (2), Other Literatures: Non-Semitic Afro-Asiatic literatures (1), History of Europe - Russia and neighboring east European countries (1), Social problems of and services to groups of people (1), Biology: Natural history of microorganisms (1), German and related literatures: Other Germanic literatures (1), Geography and Travel: Geography of and travel in Europe (1), Melilla Western Sahara (1), History of Europe - Germany and neighboring central European countries (1), Other literatures: Literatures of Altaic (1), Dravidian languages; literatures of miscellaneous languages of South Asia (1), Old Testament (Tanakh) (1), Arts (1), Relation of state to organized groups & their members (1), German and related literatures: German fiction (1), Writing Systems (1), Short Story (1), Geography and Travel: Geography of and travel in North America (1), related topics of history (1), Animals (Zoology) (1), American Literature in English: American miscellaneous writings in English (1), Zoology (1), History of Europe: Germany and neighboring central European countries (1), medieval (1), and Eastern philosophy: Sophistic (1), Medicine and health: Personal health and safety (1), American Literature in English: American essays in English (1), Engineering: Other Branches of Engineering (1), sociology and anthropology: Communities (1), History of Europe: France and Monaco (1), History of North America - Northeastern United States (New England and Middle Atlantic states) (1), Political science: Civil and political rights (1), Military and nautical engineering (1), History of Asia: Middle East (Near East) (1), Mythology (1), rhetoric and criticism: History (1), Chemistry: Chemistry and allied sciences (1), sociology and anthropology: Culture and institutions (1), Library and information sciences: Reading and use of other information media (1), related Greek philosophies (1), Social and ecclesiastical theology: Missions (1), Other religions: Judaism (1), Home and family management: Meals and table service (1), Stringed Instruments (Chordophones) (1), Nook (1), New Testament (1), General History of North America - Southeastern United States (1), Library & information sciences (1), Library and information sciences (1), and publishing (1), Geography of and travel in Africa (1), Birds (1), Description & Criticism (1), Reading and use of other information media (1), Literature (1), Applied Psychology (1), fungi (1), Canary Islands (1), Socratic (1), Culture and Institutions (1), Uralic (1), algae (1), West Indies (1), Traditional Mystery (1), Pharmacology & Therapeutics (1), Engineering (1), Language (1), Sculpture & related arts (1), Christianity in North America (1), Bermuda (1), Geography of & travel in Africa (1), English & Old English (Anglo-Saxon) Languages (1), Metrology & standardization (1), History of North America - Mexico (1), Central America (1), Other Branches of Engineering (1), Dialectology & historical linguistics (1), Ancient (1), Data Processing & Computer Science (1), Hyperborean (1), Memoirs (1), Ceuta (1), Genera Fiction (1), Literature of Other Languages - East Indo-European & Celtic (1), Civil Procedure and Courts (1), History - Philosophy & theory (1), General history of Europe - Iberian Peninsula & adjacent islands (1), Geography & Travel - Asia (1), History of ancient world (to ca. 499) (1)
- Tag-Wolke, Autoren-Wolke, Tag-Spiegel
- 75 Books Challenge for 2008, 75 Books Challenge for 2009, 75 Books Challenge for 2010, 75 Books Challenge for 2011, 75 Books Challenge for 2012, 75 Books Challenge for 2013, 75 Books Challenge for 2014, 75 Books Challenge for 2015, 75 Books Challenge for 2016, 75 Books Challenge for 2017, 75 Books Challenge for 2018, 75 Books Challenge for 2019, 75 Books Challenge for 2020, 75 Books Challenge for 2021, 75 Books Challenge for 2022, 75 Books Challenge for 2023, Amateur Historians, Ancient History, Asian Fiction & Non-Fiction, August Is Modern Fiction Month, Barbara Pym, Bestsellers over the Years, Bibliomysteries, Book Care and Repair, Bookcases: If You Build/Buy Them, They Will Fill, Books on Books, Club Read 2021, Cozy Mysteries, Disaster Buffs, His Wondrous Works to Behold, Holocaust Literature, Jude's Reading 2018, Military History, Non-Fiction Readers, Outlander: Gabaldon's series about Jamie and Claire, Reading Through Time, Tea!, The LibraryThing Mock Newbery and Caldecott, The Prizes, Travel and Exploration literature
- May 21, 2006
- Bürgerlicher Name
- Stasia Doster
- Über meine Bibliothek
The books listed in this account are the books I own and those that are in the BlackHole. My library and borrowed books can be found on my AlcottAcre777 account. I now have a third account under scdoster that are the books in my library listed as I am reading them.
My current thread:
"Strange, isn't it? To love a book. When the words on the page become so precious that they feel like a part of your own history because they are."The Starless Sea, Erin Morgenstern
"No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance." - Confucius
"Life being very short, and the quiet hours of it few, we ought to waste none of them in reading valueless books." - John Ruskind
"A library isn't just a library. It is a space ship that will take you to the farthest reaches of the Universe, a time machine that will take you to the far past and the far future, a teacher that knows more than any human being, a friend that will amuse you and console you--and most of all, a gateway, to a better and happier and more useful life." - Isaac Asimov in a March 16, 1971, letter to children at the newly opened Troy, Mich., public library
"A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors. - Henry Ward Beecher
"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all of the miseries of life." - W. Somerset Maugham
"Books are like truth serum — if you don’t read, you can’t figure out what’s real."Freak the Mighty, Rodman Philbrick
The more you are reading, the more you discover and know you want to read. That's when the melancholy kicks in, because you know you never will have time to read it all. - Freely translated from Norwegian by Bente (Apolline)
"A million candles have burned themselves out. Still I read on." - Montresor
"When something is bothering me, I seek refuge. No need to travel far; a trip to the realm of literary memory will suffice. For where can one find more noble distraction, more entertaining company, more delightful enchantment than in literature?" - The Elegance of the Hedgehog, Muriel Barbery
"Sometimes, while she was asleep, she read books in distant libraries." - The Hummingbird's Daughter, Luis Alberto Urrea
"To the whole world you may be just one person, but to one person you may just be the whole world.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others." - No idea who said it, but I love it!
". . .there is indeed a heaven on Earth, a heaven which we inhabit when we read a good book." - The Haunted Bookshop, Christopher Morley
"To bring the dead to life
Is no great magic.
Few are wholly dead:
Blow on a dead man's embers
And a live flame will start." - Robert Graves
"I feel, holding the books, accomodating their weight and breathing their dust, an abiding love. I trust them." -The Girls, Lori Lansens
"[He] was seated beside her with a pocket edition of some classic author in his hand. He never went anywhere without some companion wherewith to improve his leisure moments: all time seemed lost that was not devoted to study . . ." - The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Anne Bronte
"In the pursuit of learning, every day something is acquired." - The Way"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." - Jorge Luis Borges
"The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read." - Abraham Lincoln
"Your library is your paradise." - Erasmus
"It can never be satisfied, the mind, never." - Wallace Stevens
"I found that my mind wanted something craggy to break upon." George Gordon, Lord Byron
"A peace offering to a hungry mind" - Hope Summerall Chamberlain
"Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence, from the suppressed introductory chapter of Seven Pillars of Wisdom"All books are divisible into two classes, the books of the hour, and the books of all time." - John Ruskind
My library is very eclectic. I just find a lot of things to be interesting, so I read all over the map. A lot of my books are not catalogued as I finally got them out of storage (after 3 years!) when we moved.
Create your own visitor map!
- Über mich
Not a whole lot to say: I have been happily married for over 30 years to a great guy who puts up with my book buying with good grace. After homeschooling my 2 daughters, I decided to return to school myself, so in January of 2012 I began my studies at Bryant & Stratton as a paralegal studies major. I ended up transferring to a 4-year college and just recently finished up my degree.
- Sherman, Texas
- Auch auf
- Wird gerade gelesen
- Beliebte Autoren
- Louisa May Alcott, Nicholas A. Basbanes, Charlotte Brontë, Geraldine Brooks, Bill Bryson, Willa Cather, Nicholas Christopher, Charles Dickens, Philip Dray, David Eddings, Anne Fadiman, Diana Gabaldon, Martin Gilbert, Helene Hanff, Thomas Hardy, Kent Haruf, Tony Horwitz, Alex Kershaw, Barbara Kingsolver, Mark Kurlansky, Erik Larson, Madeleine L'Engle, C. S. Lewis, William Manchester, W. Somerset Maugham, David McCullough, Vladimir Nabokov, Chaim Potok, Barbara Pym, Nora Roberts, Nevil Shute, Mary Stewart, Josephine Tey, Leo Tolstoy, Anthony Trollope, Barbara W. Tuchman
- -Cee-, agatatera, akeela, akosikulot-project52, alaskabookworm, alcottacre777, allthesedarnbooks, anzlitlovers, attempter, BaileysAndBooks, beachnbook, bell7, Berly, Bklvrinva09, bohemiangirl35, BookAngel_a, brenpike, Bumpersmom, bunkie68, Byrappa, cal8769, callmejacx, cameling, Carmenere, cbl_tn, cerievans1, cgray0809, Chatterbox, Citizenjoyce, damejennylynn, dara85, debbaker, dianestm, Donna828, Eat_Read_Knit, eightambliss, ejj1955, elkiedee, fantasia655, FemmeNoiresque, ffortsa, Fourpawz2, GeneRuyle, GeorgiaDawn, Gerri007, girlfromshangrila, HayleyLouise, HelenBaker, humouress, jade605, JaneAustenNut, JaynePupek, jeanned, jjvors, jolerie, Joycepa, June, k8lovesbooks, karenmarie, kateleversuch, keidz, kgodey, kidzdoc, Kittybee, kmartin802, kurvanas, labfs39, LauraBrook, leperdbunny, LibraryOMidas, Lidbud, lindapanzo, littlebear514, LittleWish, LizzieD, London_StJ, LovingLit, maberry, maggie1944, mamachunk, Matke, MDGentleReader, megkrahl, Menagerie, MichelleAmanda, mldavis2, MonicaLynn, msf59, mstrust, MusicMom41, nancyewhite, nittnut, notoriousspinks, nsg0223, PaulCranswick, phoenix718, PiyushC, pokarekareana, profilerSR, QueenOfDenmark, rainpebble, richardderus, ronincats, rosalita, sally906, sandykaypax, scdoster, Sean191, seasonsoflove, Shijuro, SirStuckey, sjmccreary, sszkutak, suslyn, tapestry100, TerraBelle, thekoolaidmom, TheLibraryhag, thomasandmary, tloeffler, ToReadToNap, TrishNYC, tututhefirst, tymfos, veryan, Whisper1, witchyrichy, womansheart
- Interesante Bibliotheken
- alaskabookworm, Ammianus, AnneDC, annesion, arubabookwoman, atimco, avaland, Bibliotropic, blackdogbooks, Booksloth, booksontrial, bradleyhorner, Cariola, cbl_tn, Chatterbox, chinquapin, Citizenjoyce, citizenkelly, cyderry, Deern, diana.gabaldon, digifish_books, dihiba, drneutron, elkiedee, elleayess, GeneRuyle, girlunderglass, harrygbutler, humouress, Joycepa, karenmarie, labwriter, Landshark5, LaurieRKing, LizzieD, LouisBranning, lycomayflower, mckait, MDGentleReader, meggyweg, msf59, MusicMom41, petermc, pokarekareana, richardderus, rocketjk, ronincats, SandyAMcPherson, Schmerguls, sibylline, stellarexplorer, Steve_Walker, TadAD, thatguyzero, theretiredlibrarian, TheTortoise, TinuvielDancing, tloeffler, tomcatMurr, ToReadToNap, torontoc, Trifolia, tututhefirst, urania1, usnmm2, varielle, VisibleGhost, Whisper1, WholeHouseLibrary, wookiebender, xorscape