- Alle Sammlungen (12,984), Deine Bibliothek (5,482), Wunschzettel (129), To look at (3,310), Gelesen, aber nicht im Besitz (3,655), Unowned (and unread) (127), Ref only (227), ebooks (1,889), DJ only (169), Research source (14)
- @1 (5,466), @n (4,062), @5 (3,281), @8 (2,368), ebook (1,918), @f (1,475), @6 (1,326), @9 (224), @4 (223), edkef (183), DJ (156), nih (137), postscript (120), niworcs (103), nib (87), bibliophile (80), hants (77), nihive (72), travel (63), lt-inspired (60), trchk (57), win (55), France (54), wiley (54), hive (50), @w3 (50), archive (48), persephone (45), cup (45), cabi (45), dgr (43), bmi (42), prkef (35), UK (33), folio society (33), nibrum (33), @loo (33), bmth (31), wsa (26), telegraph (25), cr review (24), eaudio (24), niwsa (22), cornflower (21), pdf (20), bmth+ (17), bookchoice (15), wbq (13), bookdaily (12), Common People (11), niw (11), nhm (11), aa (10), brum (10), bookbrowse (10), format (9), heywood hill (9), @w2 (9), nhbs (9), early reviewers (9), first (8), work in progress (8), nesbittrad (8), stebc rec (8), worcs (8), wainwright longlist (8), nb40 (8), journal (7), signed (7), nibirm (7), Spain (7), Netherlands (7), bookpeople (6), quintet (6), BW19-6 (6), mantex (6), zoe (6), candh (6), stuck in a book (5), Germany (5), booksplease (5), magazine (5), Greece (4), research (4), libro (4), chicago (4), cooltools (4), brumNB (3), nihve (3), a good read (3), otherstories (3), booktalk (3), tab (3), ebooks (3), Belgium (3), @3 (3), audiocd (3), #5 (3), wainwright shortlist (3), wu (3), foulsham (3), niwu (2), history (2), macmillan (2), themillions (2), evernote (2), stpauls (2), malvern (2), Italy (2), the week (2), Luxembourg (2), BW (2), ?keep (2), NZ (2), Crete (2), james (1), smallprint (1), Portugal (1), winch university (1), xmas (1), @5hive hd (1), hive. @4 (1), brumuni (1), new naturalist (1), ER (1), ucl (1), nihants (1), trybmi (1), USA (1), ninwocs (1), birm (1), Europe (1), nibum (1), Redditch (1), bul (1), womans hour (1), treesNB (1), lt-author (1), harborne (1), tandf (1), free (1), nkh (1), mystica (1), cook (1), @w4 (1), nibr (1), hein (1), wainwright prize (1), booksonboard (1), Patrick (1), kir (1), booksetc (1), Majorca (1), times (1), whichbook (1)
- Tag-Wolke, Autoren-Wolke, Tag-Spiegel
- 50-Something Library Thingers, BBC Radio 4 Listeners, Bits for Brits, Book Care and Repair, Bookcases: If You Build/Buy Them, They Will Fill, Books in Books, Books on Books, Brits, Charity Shop Swap - UK, Editors, Researchers, Whatever, Go Review That Book!, MyPeopleConnection Book Clubs, Non-Fiction Readers, One LibraryThing, One Book, Pedants' corner, Persephone Readers, ReadItSwapIt, Stalking Tim & Company, Starting Your Own Personal Library, TinyCat, Unclutter Things, Used Books, WAWG bookclub
- Sep 5, 2005
- Über meine Bibliothek
- Although the books listed include those originally bought by my husband, I only include in the ‘Your library’ collection those of interest to me. Likewise the ‘Wishlist’, ‘To look at’ and other collections are just mine. For now, I have also kept my ‘pre-collections’ tags. So, to summarise my collections (main tags):
Your library (@1) = books owned.
Wishlist = books I would or might like to buy sometime. They are subdivided by tags into @w2 for books I would definitely like to get, and @w3 for ones to possibly get if I see them cheapish.
To look at (@5) = notes of books I have seen reviewed or heard about in some other way that I would like to look at if I get the chance and maybe buy if they look interesting. This used to be my ‘library look for’ list, but now living in rural France I have forgone this pleasure and some perhaps ought to be moved to ‘wishlists’.
Read but unowned is a mainly ‘negative’ collection, which I have cut out of recommendations, and have used for three groups:
@4 = books I have read that I would not say no to if I was given them for free or if they were extremely cheap (i.e. a place to store details of books I have seen and quite liked but can easily live without!).
@6 = books I have borrowed and don’t want to own (even if someone gave them to me – cf @4).
@8 = books I once owned but have now got rid of.
Ref only (@9) is used for books I am never likely to buy as they are purely reference books, far too expensive for me to justify buying them or books I have worked on as a proofreader or editor.
DJ only (DJ) is for books purely of interest to my husband (mainly science fiction) and ‘Print’ followed by a date is just a way of grouping certain books for printing out paper lists.
I have recently also started using ebook tags and collections (which can overlap with other groups above) for books I 'own' or have borrowed as ebooks.
@f = fiction and @n = non-fiction
(these last two may not always be accurately assigned but give me an idea where in our physical 'library' to look for the book).
Other @something tags are to do with locations, and then there are tags to remind me where I saw a book reviewed, the publisher of a book I worked on etc.
I have reviewed a few books, including any Early Reviewer books I've received, but I am afraid I mainly use 'Comments' for any noted reviews from others as well as my own 'notes' after I have read a book (that way I don't have to worry so much whether it is a 'proper' review, whether it has typos etc!). I've tried to rate books read or looked at since I joined LibraryThing, plus enter start and stop dates (though the latter are often a bit vague).
- Über mich
- I am a happily retired scientific copy-editor (but please note the word retired and do not pick me up on any bad grammar!). My primary residence is in Worcester in the UK, but my husband and I have a holiday home in France so the books are scattered between the two houses (and never where you want them!). However, I do live very close to the public/university in Worcester so that is also a second home!
- Worcester, England
- Auch auf
- Beliebte Autoren
- Elizabeth von Arnim, Diana Athill, Alan Bennett, Bill Bryson, Tracy Chevalier, Alan Coren, Elizabeth David, Monica Dickens, Anne Fadiman, Margaret Forster, Jane Gardam, Stella Gibbons, Morris Gleitzman, Rumer Godden, Andy Goldsworthy, Jerome K. Jerome, Francis Kilvert, Barbara Kingsolver, Miles Kington, Penelope Lively, Pierre Magnan, Monica McInerney, Michael Morpurgo, Henry Petroski, Nigel Slater, Rosemary Sutcliff, Flora Thompson, Barbara Trapido, Anne Tyler, Jenny Uglow
- Lokale Favoriten
Bibliotheken: The Hive
- Interesante Bibliotheken
Diese Seite verwendet Cookies für unsere Dienste, zur Verbesserung unserer Leistungen, für Analytik und (falls Sie nicht eingeloggt sind) für Werbung. Indem Sie LibraryThing nutzen, erklären Sie dass Sie unsere Nutzungsbedingungen und Datenschutzrichtlinie gelesen und verstanden haben. Die Nutzung unserer Webseite und Dienste unterliegt diesen Richtlinien und Geschäftsbedingungen.