Working-Class Fiction Group Read?
Melde dich bei LibraryThing an, um Nachrichten zu schreiben.
Dieses Thema ruht momentan. Die letzte Nachricht liegt mehr als 90 Tage zurück. Du kannst es wieder aufgreifen, indem du eine neue Antwort schreibst.
I have a deep interest in working-class fiction and was wondering if anyone in this group would like to participate in a group read.
This doesn't seem like an incredibly active group, but if enough people are interested (more than five, perhaps?), I would be happy to organize it. If there's no interest, that's fine too.
It seems like group reads typically begin by people nominating and seconding books. In another group I'm in, here are the rules that are used:
1) Nominate up to 2 books that you would like to read.
2) Second as many books as you like.
3) All books that receive a second will go into the voting. You can vote for as many books as you like in the poll. If necessary, we will have an elimination poll of the books that get the most votes.
Anyway, I'll nominate the following two novels:
1) Blood on the Forge by William Attaway
2) Yonnondio by Tillie Olsen
I am interested in a group read and have been thinking about what novels I might suggest. I think I'll second Yonnondio. I was also thinking about The Dollmaker by Harriet Arnow, which I read years ago and would like to re-read, but it's really long and I'm not sure I'd have the time to read it.
Thank you for responding! Hopefully a few more people will participate. I suppose I'll delete my sad withdrawal post above : )
I am not familiar with The Dollmaker, but from the description, it sounds intriguing.