501 "won't reads"
Melde dich bei LibraryThing an, um Nachrichten zu schreiben.
Dieses Thema ruht momentan. Die letzte Nachricht liegt mehr als 90 Tage zurück. Du kannst es wieder aufgreifen, indem du eine neue Antwort schreibst.
Specifically, I don't think I'll ever (but never say never) read:
- Heidi, for fear of being bored to tears
- The Pilgrim's Progress, not being very religious
- The Naked Lunch, on account of a weak stomach
- A Clockwork Orange, for similar reasons
- Beloved, because that has to be amongst the very worst movies I have ever seen
Pared down a lot of the others:
- Pippi Longstocking, unless I happen to read it to my daughter someday.
- Dr. Dolittle, ditto
- The Misfortunes of Sophie, doesn't sound worth trying to track this down for my kids
- The End of History and the Last Man, an already dated history text.
- The Seven Storey Mountain, too much religion for my taste
- Autobiography of a Yogi, ditto
- Take a Girl Like You, I think if I ever sample Kingsley Amis it'll be a different title.
- Journey to the End of Night, too depressing
- Once Were Warriors, not a story that interests me and I don't think it's achieved a modern classic status that demands my attention.
- Changing Places, looks a bit of an odd choice for a must-read, another one that doesn't grab me.
- Cold Heaven, ditto
- Confessions of Zeno, all about smoking which I've never done, never will.
- 2001 Space Odyssey, might be interesting but was published when the movie was made, rather than movie based on it, so that loses my interest.
- To Your Scattered Bodies Go, the premise of this series is intriguing but the execution sounds awful.
- Out of the Silent Planet, I don't think CS Lewis was cut out to write SF.
- Way more thrillers than I can list here; suffice to say, most of them.
I expect there's probably several history and travel books I won't ever read from this list too, but I haven't looked at them in enough detail yet.