lauranav 100 books in '09
Melde dich bei LibraryThing an, um Nachrichten zu schreiben.
Dieses Thema ruht momentan. Die letzte Nachricht liegt mehr als 90 Tage zurück. Du kannst es wieder aufgreifen, indem du eine neue Antwort schreibst.
1. Heart of Darkness - 87 pp
2. Sense and Sensibility - 270 pp
3. Deeper Water - 385 pp
4. The Seven Storey Mountain - 462 pp
5. Oswald Chambers: Abandoned to God - 228 pp
6. Callahan's Crosstime Saloon - 170 pp
7. Plain Secrets - 200 pp
8. Things Fall Apart - 209 pp
9. The Iliad - 588 pp
10. Ysabel - 420 pp
11. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - 216 pp
12. Eon: Dragoney Reborn - 531 pp
13. Pat of Silver Bush - 278 pp
14. Mistress Pat - 277 pp
15. Never Say Diet - 240 pp
16. Breathing Space - 235 pp
17. The Great Eight - 178 pp
18. Full Circle - 294 pp
19. Not For Sale - 320pp
20. Christianity in Crisis: 21st Century by Hank Hanegraaff - 347 pp
21. Going Postal by Terry Pratchett - 377 pp
22. Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. - 244 pp
23. Kiss by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy - 322 pp
24. Emily of New Moon by LM Montgomery - 339 pp
25. Get Outta My Face! by Rick Horne - 171 pp
Details are on my 75 in 2009 topic.
I wish I had done what you did. I surpassed my 50 book challenge and it was so busy over there that I decided to move over here. But I attempted to copy and paste my entire listings and posts. What a mess!~!
Anyway, too late now, but yours works!
You have some good titles in your listing and are off to a great start!~! I hope you are enjoying your challenge.
Nice to have finally read the classic.
Nonfiction - I just loved the title of this book and knowing that it was a real life story about dealing with a mentally disabled sibling for many years I was intrigued. The book was a great read.
28. Consequences of Sin by Clare Langley-Hawthorne - 262 pp
Mystery - I can't remember where I heard about this one, I suspect it was here in a thread on LT. It was a good read. I suspected the truth early on and there was a bit too much swooning, but the overall plot was good and the writing was pretty well done.
This was my LT Early Reviewer copy that I got for February. It is to be published in June.
I enjoyed it and put my review up on LT.
This was a quick and fun read. Back to the more serious stuff.
This was a great book reviewing a number of the disciplines, why they are important, and practical tips on how to do them and how to fit them into a busy life. This was the free audio book at Christianaudio.com for March. My audio book skills are improving - I don't get distracted and wander off as often as I used to.
Great book! Very convicting.
This was wonderful. I cried a few times - how intense and how inspiring. I can't believe I waited this long to read it.
Well told and I like the writing. Very interesting story about choices and consequences and how difficult it is to believe, especially for someone who wants to know they are in control of their own actions.
The point to the title is if you are going to laugh about it later, you might as well laugh about it now. This was a fun read, caught me up on what's happened in her life since I watched her and Donny on tv many years ago.
This is an advance read due to be released 4/27. It was an interesting little book with some very good practical points.
A study of the characters of Genesis and some wonderful lessons to be learned from their lives.
This series is interesting, I think the subjects are handled well.
She's climbing - so nice that her writing is being taken seriously by the family as it starts to earn her some money.
Aunt Ruth is a character.
40. The Immigration Crisis by James Hoffmeier - 162 pp
This was an interesting read and I'm glad I've done it. But it reminds me of why I read more classics than contemporary books. But that's why I did it, to get into something a bit newer and I'm glad I did.
#20 - I did find Aunt Ruth interesting. She was so ready to misunderstand Emily's motives, but you don't attack her family - it was wonderful to watch her at work!
Emily's Quest is on the list for May - I'm looking forward to it.
(touchstones apparently not working)
This book was wonderful! I don't know why I've never read it before. I have vague memories of seeing the movie, but the book was great. So much is packed in there but it such an easy and engaging read.
Very enjoyable read that I think does a good job capturing the growing desire to read and the feelings of never catching up. And as we would expect with someone as special as the Queen, she grows and changes as a result of it.
Very good book with some honest discussion of why God allows sin.
I'm also listening to Foxe's Book of Martyrs from Christian Audio this month and given the ongoing list of man's inhumanity to man, it was a comfort to be reading this book at the same time to give some perspective and biblical grounding amidst all the bloodshed.
And time spent on the new bike.
Very good book on suffering - how serious it is, how to prepare for it, how to reconcile it with faith in a sovereign God.
56. Patriarch: George Washington and the New American Nation by Richard Norton Smith - 361 pp
57. Honey, I Don't Have a Headache Tonight by Sheila Wray Gregroire - 160 pp
58. A City of Bells by Elizabeth Goudge - 306 pp
59. The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart - 485 pp
60. still life by Louise Penny - 312 pp
61. Mi Querida Sunday - Mary Higgins Clark - 230 pp
62. Among the Mad - Jacqueline Winspear - 303 pp
63. Believing God: Twelve Biblical Promises that Christians Struggle to Accept by R. C. Sproul, Jr - 135 pp
64. The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey by Trenton Lee Stewart - 440 pp
65. A Fatal Grace by Louise Penny - 311 pp
66. The Name of This Book is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch - 351 pp
67. If You're Reading This, It's Too Late by Pseudonymous Bosch - 373 pp
68. A Test of Wills by Charles Todd - 282 pp
69. The Odyssey by Homer - 462 pages
70. Making the Most of Your Devotional Life by Derek Thomas - 212 pp
71. The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson - 537 pp
72. The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson - 578 pp
73. The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson - 556 pp
74. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer - 274 pp
75. Slave Hunter by Aaron Cohen - 304 pp